Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Justice & Compensation for Victims of Car Accidents
At Friday & Cox, LLC, we understand the trauma and financial hardship that can surface in the aftermath of a car accident. We are dedicated to helping victims recover fair compensation for their injuries and losses caused by negligent motorists. Our law firm has decades of experience handling personal injury claims involving auto accidents, and we are committed to fighting for our clients' rights in court.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to someone else's carelessness on the road, contact us today for a free consultation. We will review your case and provide all the information needed to decide how best to proceed with your claim. Our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers are determined to get you the justice and compensation you deserve. Get in touch today to learn more.
Call our team at (412) 900-8250 today to get started with a free consultation.
Nationally Recognized Firm
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are among the most common causes of injury and death in the United States. The sad truth about this fact is that, in many cases, these accidents can be prevented.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in the United States include the following:
- Driver Error: This can include speeding, failing to yield the right of way, impaired driving (drugs, alcohol, or fatigue), and aggressive driving. These preventable behaviors endanger everyone on the road, leading to severe injuries or even death.
- Drunk Driving: Unfortunately, many people choose to drive their cars after a night of drinking, which often leads to entirely preventable injury and death, both for the driver and the person with whom they collide.
- Reckless Drivers: Drivers who fail to follow traffic laws put themselves and others at risk. Even if a driver is following the rules of the road, other drivers might not be. You must be aware of your surroundings and practice defensive driving, as the behavior of other drivers cannot be predicted.
- Mechanical Failure: Mechanical failure can also lead to car accidents. Malfunctioning brakes or tires, poor road maintenance, improperly installed safety equipment, and inadequate vehicle lighting are all mechanical failures that can result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Poor Weather and Visibility Conditions: Fog, snow, ice, heavy rain, and strong winds can make driving much more dangerous than when the roads are clear. Always practice caution while driving or walking near a road during bad weather.
- Distractions: Texting, talking on the phone, eating, or adjusting the radio distract drivers and take their focus away from the road, putting lives at risk. Accidents that stem from distracted drivers are tragic as they are entirely preventable.
- Road Conditions: Another major factor that can contribute to car accidents. Uneven pavement, potholes, poorly lit roads, inadequate guardrails, and debris on the road can all cause serious accidents. It is essential to be aware of any potential hazards when driving and to take necessary precautions.
When you are on the road, it is vital that you are always aware of your surroundings. While you may trust yourself to drive without error, you cannot predict the behavior of the other drivers on the road. We are here to represent you in your case in the unfortunate event of an accident, whether it's a rollover, a rear-ending, or a collision caused by a drunk driver.
What Is a No-Fault State?
Pennsylvania is a no-fault state, meaning an injured party cannot recover damages from another driver unless they can prove that the other driver's actions were negligent or reckless. In car accident cases, each driver's insurance company is responsible for covering the medical costs and property damage caused by their policyholder, regardless of who was at fault in the accident. This allows quicker compensation to those affected without going through a lengthy court process. If, however, the accident was due to negligence or reckless behavior by another driver, you may be able to pursue legal action to recover damages.
We will investigate your case and collect any evidence that shows the other party's fault to help you receive compensation for your losses. If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else's negligence or recklessness, please get in touch with us today. We are here to offer compassionate advice and to fight for your rights every step of the way.
How We Can Help You
When we are on the case, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation into your case. We have a team of investigators committed to gathering evidence and analyzing the circumstances of car accidents. As we prepare your case, we will provide guidance and support regarding the lawsuit process. We are prepared to take your suit to court if we cannot settle with the other party.
Contact Us Today
Incurring an injury from a car accident can be devastating and traumatizing. Don't go it alone—count on our Pittsburgh car accident attorneys to fight for justice on your behalf. We have provided stalwart legal representation for cases involving personal injury since 2010 and are ready to apply our experience to your lawsuit.
If you are interested in a free consultation, call our team at Friday & Cox, LLC at (412) 900-8250 or contact us online today.
Hear from Satisfied Clients
"If you are serious about hiring a lawyer for personal injury call here first."- Former Client
Contact Friday & Cox TodayCommitted To Helping Our Clients Recover
Unparalleled Client ServiceYour inquiries are returned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call for a free case evaluation at (412) 900-8250.
Excellent Track Record.We bring more than 100 years of combined experience and results to helping injured people obtain the compensation they need to rebuild their lives.
We Are Willing To Go All The Way.Our lawyers are trial tested and our firm has won many verdicts and countless settlements.